The subtle bouquet of the Damson Plum Jam mixes perfectly with the Chinese 5 Spice Powder to create a wonderful change from the everyday hot wings. Our guests finished these in no time, and many asked us for the recipe.
- Preparation time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: n45
- Ready In: 55 min
- Level of Difficulty: Moderate
- Servings: 3
- 1 1/2 lbs of chicken wings
- 2 teaspoons Chinese Five Spice Powder
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup MoonShadows Farm Damson Plum Jam
- 2 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Toss the chicken wings with the Chinese five spice in a medium bowl.
- Place the chicken wings on a baking sheet, lined with lightly greased aluminum foil, in a single layer. Bake the chicken wings at 400° for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- In a non-stick fry pan or a wok, add the olive oil over medium-high heat
- Add the green onions to the pan and saute for a few minutes until lightly browned. Then add the garlic and saute for a minute or two.
- Carefully add the chicken broth to the green onions and garlic, then add the plum jam and balsamic vinegar to the broth mixture and stir. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes until thickened. Remove the cooked chicken wings from the oven and add them to the sauce and stir to coat with the glaze.
- Garnish with some chopped green onions and enjoy.