A quick, delicious meal when you want something hearty, but don't have the time to spend hours in the kitchen.
- Preparation time: n/a
- Cooking Time: 15-30 min
- Ready In: 15-30 min
- Level of Difficulty: Very Easy
- Servings: 4-5
- 1 LB Ground Beef
- 2-3 Sweet Italian Sausage links
- 1 jar MoonShadows Farm Black Bean Salsa or Black Bean & Corn Salsa (pick the heat level you like)
- 1 jar MoonShadows Farm Chunky Garden Salsa (pick the heat level you like)
- 1 small can Tomato Sauce
- 3-4 large Garlic Cloves
- Olive Oil
- Chili Powder (optional)
- In a black iron skillet, chop up and brown the ground beef and sausage. Remove sausage from casings first.
- While ground beef/sausage is cooking, dice up garlic cloves and sauté to a light brown in in a bit of olive oil
- Add tomato sauce to browned garlic and simmer.
- Drain ground beef/sausage.
- Add jar of black bean salsa, 1/2 jar of chunky garden salsa, and 1/2 cup of tomato sauce.
- Add 1/2 cup (more or less) of tomato sauce.
- Add salt/pepper/chili powder(optional) to taste.
- Simmer until excess moisture evaporates.
Serve over rice, use as a Taco base and add the fixins', or serve in a bowl surrounded with Tostito scoops.